Dr. Andrew Blitzer is Senior Attending Otolaryngologist and Director of the New York Center for Voice and Swallowing Disorders. Dr. Blitzer is Professor Emeritus at Columbia University, and past Presidents of both the American Bronchoesophalogical Society and the American Laryngological Association. Dr. Blitzer is a world leader in the management of voice and swallowing disorders and neurolaryngology. Some of his key achievements are;
- Pioneered the use of Botox (botulinum toxin) for conditions with excessive muscle function, muscle pain, tremor and muscle spasm including spasmodic dysphonia and facial lines and wrinkles.
- Serves as extramural consultant to the National Institutes of Health, conducting several product and drug trials for the Food and Drug Administration.
- Received numerous awards and fellowships including the prestigious James A. Newcomb Award of the American Laryngological Association.
- Published over 300 scientific articles and text chapters helped establish the field of neurolaryngology, and he has one of the 20 fellowship programs in the country.
- Listed in the "Best Doctors in America," American Health; "Best Doctors in New York," New York Magazine; "Best Doctors in the New York Metropolitan Area," Castle Connolly's "Who's Who in America" and "Who's Who in Science and Technology."